The Career in Your Suitcase Way
Gave up your job/career to relocate?
Wondering: What now? What to do next?
Want to discover what you have in your suitcase already?
Explore what items may be missing?
Discover how to travel with your skills?
The Career in Your Suitcase Way is made up of 4 elements and is designed to get you started. This group program supports you to find the balance in your professional, as well as personal life, guiding you through the journey of discovering your passion, identifying your skills and reflecting on how these – together – can help you craft a career for yourself.
On the Career in Your Suitcase Way you:
- inventory what you have in your suitcase
- develop a network of support for the journey
- widen your range of opportunity
- learn to use serendipity to create possibility
- build confidence and clarity of purpose
- create a personal career navigation system to guide your choices
Designed by Colleen Reichrath-Smith, and based on the book she co-authored with Jo Parfitt, this program equips and empowers you with a personal framework to navigate your career across international borders, occupational boundaries and changing times.
In two months and in a group of 6 to 8 fellow ‘travellers’ The Career in Your Suitcase Way will provide you with what you need to pack or re-pack for your own unique, portable career.
The Program’s Four Elements
Reach for the Sky
This kick-off workshop provides a “focused starting point” for the program. In the 3- hour workshop you will:
- create a vision to guide you
- commit to your own goals for following the program
- get to know your travelling companions in the program
We are committed to supporting your success in the program by starting out together on the right foot.
15 Steps to
A Career in Your Suitcase
The Career in Your Suitcase Workbook guides you in 15 Steps to:
- look back and collect and archive where you’ve been
- look in and gather the insights that will guide your efforts when you
- look up to decide which options to investigate further
We believe in this process having used it ourselves, repeatedly, to navigate our way forward each time change has come.
Six Blue Sky Groups
We believe that this journey is to be taken with others. As a result these peer support groups are an essential part of the program. The groups are guided by one of our Career in Your Suitcase Coaches.
“The Blue Sky Groups were amazing and very inspiring – it was so nice and empowering to experience how much the the group members can support each other.”
To help you keep your momentum while following the program, a 1:1 coaching session is included with one of our certified coaches.
“I think the coaching session is invaluable, because it’s… difficult to see things through long term. The coaching session provides you the tools and feedback to do so in the way best suited to you.”